Our Club was founded in 1951 to cater for owners of pre-war twin cylinder DKWs which were then still in active use. The Club is now open to all owners of, or those with an interest in, DKW or Auto Union two stroke engined cars, vans, cross country vehicles, DKW motor- cycles or DKW engined ‘specials’.
The objectives of the club are to help with spare parts and technical advice so as to keep as many examples of DKW vehicles as possible in good running order, to encourage the restoration of vehicles to a high standard and to hold regular meetings where the owners of DKW vehicles can meet each other and to promote the social activities of the Club.
In addition the Club is adopting the policy of encouraging members to take part in Classic Car and Motorcycle shows, to do everything possible to promote the name DKW and to bring the uniqueness of our vehicles to the notice of the public. New members are asked if they would be prepared to enter their vehicles in any such event(s).
The Club possesses workshop manuals and spare parts lists for DKW cars.
It is important to note that they are only available to members the Club.
In addition to officers of the Club, there are Area representatives, Motorcycle, Munga,
3 cylinder and twin cylinder representatives able to give specialist advice on these vehicles, and a Club Historian/Archivist.